Dec 2011 - Addisyn, Jake & Joseph

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

25 weeks 4 days pregnant!

Well I went this morning & did my 1 hour glucose testing & praying that everything comes back good so I don't have to go back for the 3 hour test.  The doctor I've been going to for my ultrasounds thinks that I might have gestational diabetes b/c the baby seems to be bigger then average. 

Here is what is going on so far:

I went in for a follow up anatomy scan on Thursday 6/23 (24 weeks 6 days) & the baby is healthy & doing great.  I got a really good 3D picture of him that you can see very clearly.  He's still measuring about alittle over 5 days ahead of schedule & weighing in at a whopping 1lb 15oz. So the Dr came in to do his final assesment & said "I'm guessing you've probably put on about 15lbs so far this pregnancy?" Me "no I've actually lost 10lbs according to my last appointment."  He said well go get the glucose testing done & we'll see you back in 9 weeks to check the weight of the baby then.  Then he continued to remind me that I need to not eat fast foods, fruits w/ high natural sugars, PB&J & lots of carbs.  Told me to stick to fresh veggies & fresh meat (seeing how I don't eat much meat I guess tons of chicken).  He kinda got me worried that the baby is going to be HUGE if I go full term & I'm scared.  Now I know I started this pregnancy over weight & really don't need to gain anymore weight, but I'm trying to eat very healthy so this baby will be healthy.  He said I'm probably feeding the baby the wrong stuff.  Kinda makes you feel like a bad mom.  Well I go for my monthly appointment w/ my regular OB next Tuesday 7/5 so we'll see if I've gained any (b/c I feel like I have) & we'll see what he has to say b/c I'm going to mention what the other doctor said to him. 

Other then that I've been feeling pretty good so far this pregnancy.  I am starting to get really tired faster especially chasing the twins around. 

Well this is the holiday weekend coming up & we have tons of stuff planned along w/ alot of driving.  Friday after work we're going to go up to the trailor so we'll be heading West w/ a little over an hour drive & staying the night & coming one later Saturday night.  Then Sunday we'll be heading South about 2-2.5 hours to my family picnic, which I cannot wait to go b/c it's been awhile since I've seen my family (aunts, uncles, cousins that is).  Then come Monday I think it's going to be a relaxing day before heading back to work for a 1/2 day & then go to the doctors in the afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Jennie